My mom came to visit over the weekend, and I prepared the guest room for her just in time. It used to be my office, and there's just enough room for a twin mattress on the floor. Talk about luxury. Once I got the room put together I couldn't decide if the all the crazy colors and patterns made it look insane or charming (something I also wonder about my personality at times). My mom claims charming, but then again she herself is the one who raised me to throw a bunch of colors and patterns together and call it a day. Sophia seemed to really like it, as she spent the entire weekend curled up at the foot of the bed.
When my mom arrived we exchanged presents--she gave me a copy of the November Martha Stewart issue that I'm in (I hadn't even seen it yet!), and I gave her a copy of Brooklyn Diary and a pair of socks I made.
We did a lot of fun things during our time together. Here's what:
1. Made eggplant stew. Yum.
2. Went to see a stupid romantic comedy. I never get to do that.
3. Bought books at The Strand.
4. Visited my studio at Dobbin Mews.
5. Saw a quilt exhibit and a Henry Darger exhibit at the Folk Art Museum.
6. Walked around Central Park, ate at the boat house, and went to the zoo.
7. Watched three old movies that my mom got at the library.
8. Went to Purl for yarn and fabric and New York Central Art Supply for beautiful paper.
9. Worked my CSA volunteer shift together.
10. Went to dinner at Vinegar Hill House with Joe.
11. Ate pot pie and people-watched at the Blue Stove.
Phew. Nice and busy weekend. I miss her.