These photos are from back in the fall when Sarkilahti and I did our necklace collaboration. We're tie-dyeing the drawstring pouches. Shortly after this project I started working on dyeing some silk for my summer collection. I was looking for a specific hue that I couldn't find, so with my guidance, Lissa played mad scientist and experimented with mixing colors. Eventually she came up with a lovely dye and wrote up the formula for me. It came out completely different on the silk swatch than we were expecting but was a nice surprise nonetheless.
After Lissa's internship ended I dyed the yardage myself and a few months later sewed up a sample (after several muslin prototypes). It's my favorite piece so far from my summer collection, and it only took like five months. Ha. I've never really worked that way before, slowly letting an idea take shape over the course of time. I like it. Usually I spend an intense week or two at a time with each design until I'm so burned out on it that I never want to see it again (which explains why I don't wear my own pieces that often).
I don't have any pics of the new designs yet, but the collection is starting to come together and should be ready in May. I'm excited. It's been so long since I've been able to do anything new.